Ex- officio Chancellor of Universities:
The Governor of Haryana is the Chancellor of the following Universities in the State:-
- C.C.S. Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar
- Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
- Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak
- Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology, Hisar
- Chaudhary Devi Lal University, Sirsa
- Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Sc. & Tech., Murthal, Sonipat
- BPS Mahila Vishwavidyalaya, Khanpur Kalan, Sonipat
- Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak
- YMCA University of Science & Technology, Faridabad
- Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Hisar
- Indira Gandhi University, Meerpur, Rewari
- Chaudhary Ranbir Singh University, Jind
- Chaudhary Bansi Lal University, Bhiwani
- State University of Performing and Visual Arts, Rohtak
- Haryana Vishwakarma Skill University Haryana Institute of Public Administration, Gurugram
- Haryana State University of Horticultural Sciences, Karnal
- Gurugram University, Gurugram
Powers of the Chancellor are prescribed in the relevant Acts/Statutes of the Universities.
Besides, Hon'ble Governor is ex-officio visitor of the following private Universities in the State:
- O.P.Jindal Global University, Sonipat.
- The NorthCap University (NCU), Gurugram
- Apeejay Stya University, Gurugram
- Amity University, Manesar (Gurugram)
- Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Sadopur(Ambala)
- NIILM University, Kaithal
- Baba Mast Nath University, Rohtak
- M.V.N. University, Palwal
- Ansal University, Gurugram
- Shri Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University,Gurugram
- Jagannath University,Bahadurgarh
- G.D. GoenkaUniversity,Sohna Road, Gurugram
- K.R. Mangalam University,Sohna Road, Gurugram
- S.R.M. University, Sonepat
- Ashoka University,Sonepat
- Al-Falah University, Faridabad
- BML Munjal Universtiy, Gurugram
- Manav Rachna University, Faridabad
- PDM University, Jhajjar
- Starex University, Gurugram
The following organizations are also headed by the Governor:-
- Kurukshetra Development Board.
- Mewat Development Board.
- Haryana Amalgamated Fund for the Welfare of ESM-Cum-Rajya Sainik Board.
- State Environment Protection Council, Haryana.
- Special Board of Motilal Nehru Sports School, Rai.
- Indian Red Cross Society, Haryana State Branch.
- St. John Ambulance Association, Haryana State Branch.
- Haryana State Council for Child Welfare.
- Haryana Saket Council.
- Welfare Society for Persons with Speech and Hearing Impairment.
- Haryana State Bharat Scouts and Guides.
- Bhartiya Grameen Mahila Sangh (Haryana State Branch).
- Hind Kusht Nivaran Sangh, Haryana State Branch.
- Battles of Panipat Memorial Society.
The Governor is assisted by his Secretariat for the discharge of his functions. Secretary to Governor is Head of Department as well as Administrative Secretary of Haryana Raj Bhavan Affairs. He is also drawing and disbursing officer and controlling officer in respect of expenditure and establishment of the Raj Bhavan and the Governor’s Household. The powers of DDO have further been delegated to Joint Secretary, Raj Bhavan.